jaunty kde 4.2 weather applet loses city upon reboot / relogin

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 16 14:23:31 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Richard E. Barmann wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 17:45 -0400, Paul S wrote:
>> Actually I fixed this by deleting and recreating my ~/.kde ~/.qt
>> ~/.config ~/.local   .. not sure which one was the problem, but now it
>> starts properly.
>
>I have been trying to get the weather applet to show in KDE 4.2 and the
>previous version. I went to the forum but received no answer. Could some
>one please help me?  at times I get the data window but it will take no
>City/Station selection.
>Thank you very much.
>Dick Barmann

I didn't know kde had one.  I am using the plugin for gkrellm, and that
continued to work well after I upgraded from f8 to f10 here.  So you might
want to look into that.  It cycles through the data in a one line display, or
in kde-4.2 hovering the mouse over it pops up the full report from the local
airport, in my case about 18 miles away.

> "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy
>out of freedom.  What one person receives without working for, another
>person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to
>anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody
>else.  When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to
>work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the
>other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody
>else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend,   is about
>the end of any nation.  You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Excellent observation, too bad they haven't studied it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)