jaunty kde 4.2 weather applet loses city upon reboot / relogin

Richard E. Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 16 12:46:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 17:45 -0400, Paul S wrote:

> Actually I fixed this by deleting and recreating my ~/.kde ~/.qt
> ~/.config ~/.local   .. not sure which one was the problem, but now it
> starts properly.

I have been trying to get the weather applet to show in KDE 4.2 and the
previous version. I went to the forum but received no answer. Could some
one please help me?  at times I get the data window but it will take no
City/Station selection.
Thank you very much.
Dick Barmann
 "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy
out of freedom.  What one person receives without working for, another
person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to
anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody
else.  When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to
work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the
other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody
else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend,   is about
the end of any nation.  You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005Freedom