e-Sword

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Mar 15 19:37:06 UTC 2009

On Sunday 15 March 2009 18:42, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Sunday 15 March 2009 7:45:27 am Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 March 2009 14:15, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > > On Sunday 15 March 2009 07:14:42 am Steven Vollom wrote:
<big skip> actually an everything skip.
> Sure,  you need winetricks is all.  It will run.  However, once I got
> e-sword running I found it wasn't for me.  Spent a week making it work too.

Hi.

Personally I prefer the New World Translation, which is viewable online.
google watchtower (Jehovah's witnesses). All the same I was trying to find
out why Steven had a problem with e-Sword.

I fired up an old install of Win XP, and e-Sword worked ok on that with no
problems. But that's often the case with apps that are created for use on
Windows.

I was at the same time able to run the .exe's for the various bibles I'd
downloaded, which created .bbl files, and now I can use these on my linux
installs.

I've just googled winetricks, and will see if installing whatever will resolve
the e-Sword problem.

Watch this space.

Nigel.

,