Crossover cable connection between 2 computers.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Mar 14 14:43:55 GMT 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Both cables give you the same speed, unless your nics are 1Gbps and
>> your router/switch is only 10/100Mbps.
>>
> Norberto, my router is g, the new computer is definately at least G
> perhaps N, I am not sure about the old computer.  It is a Dell 2.3mhz
> Pent 4.  Is there a way to check the LAN capability in the old
> computer?  Thanks again friend.
>
> Steven

Steven,

forget about this quickly. Your router is wireless 802.11_"g"_ which has
absolutely nothing to do with what Norberto said.

Moreover a 2.3 Ghz P4 almost never has a Gigabit nic, unless yopu had
added one later.

So there will be absolutely no difference between crossover and router
connectivity in regard to the network speed that you will get.

Eberhard