A few pointers about posting to a mailing list (Was: Re: kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 50, Issue 79)

Alvin info at alvin.be
Sat Mar 14 22:34:49 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009 19:57:33 prush at my.devry.edu wrote:
> Hello Kubuntu users:
>
> I ordered a kubuntu 8.10 from amazon for a couple of 2004 E-series
> CPUs ripe-clean I got from DeVry because they upgraded some computer
> rooms.
> [...]

Please keep the following in mind:
- Keep to 1 topic. If you have multiple things to say, write multiple mails
- Do not hijack another thread.
  Your mail has nothing to do with the kubuntu-users Digest.
- Do not explain too much. Just ask your question and try to be clear.
  I'm honestly not sure about what you really want to know.
  If it's not relevant, we do not need to know where you bought your computer.
- NO HTML mail in a mailing list!

You're not the only one around here who needs these pointers. Most people on
this list seem to be very forgiving. This is a good thing here, but let's not
take it too far.