ext4 issues

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 14 13:48:05 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Patricia Wilson wrote:
>> Thanks very much for the replies, especially the Wikipedia reference. For a
>> home system many of these advantages seem like overkill but I can see their
>> value for engineering/scientific systems where enormous files are not
>> uncommon. I expect I would use it on a work system.
> It is /not/ just about enormous files/filesystems.  It has real
> performance benefits for a desktop user.
> Matt Flaschen
I just picked up on this post, Matt.  I am 64 bit Intrepid KDE 4.2 now.  
Should I use ext4 if I reinstall?


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list