Crossover cable connection between 2 computers.

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:11:54 GMT 2009

2009/3/13 Mike Shaw <mdshaw89 at gmail.com>:
> Your looking at this little backward.  Once you have the network setup
> between the machines any application you would normally use to
> transfer files between two machines will work, i.e. ftp, scp, rsync,
> nfs mount and copy, samba mount and copy, etc.  It sounds like you
> don't have the network setup.  In order to get a serial link network
> setup you might look at the Linux Documentation Project(www.tlp.org)
> for details, especially the Serial How-to and the Network
> Administrators' Guide.  You are going to setup either a SLIP or PPP
> connection to get this to work via serial cable.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Mike

I don't see that anywhere that he using an serial cable. He says that
he has a "crossover cable" and for me thats a "crossover Ethernet
cable" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable. That
would make things easier, if he just get the network up, transfer
files with sftp/fish is easy and he don't need to use any CLI tools
for that.

/ Jonas