Crossover cable connection between 2 computers.

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 03:12:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> That was the reason I wanted to try crossover.  My old box has terrible
> mount problems.

A crossover cable won't help you fix your mount points.

Steven, can you please run this commands on your old box:

sudo mkdir /storage1
sudo mkdir /storage2
sudo mount /dev/sda5 /storage1
sudo mount /dev/sda7 /storage2

and then, on the new computer open dolphin and type this in the address bar:

sftp://192.168.0.100/

Now, go into /storage1 and /storage2. Your files *should* be there.
Just copy them to whatever place you like in your new computer.

Regards,
Norberto