Desktop Link to Ruby Program

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Thu Mar 12 19:39:09 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 01:49:47 pm Glenn R Williams wrote:

> how did you create the desktop link? If you just drag and drop it from the
> file manager (Dolphin?), then it will not execute.

i had created the link by right-clicking the desktop and selecting New -> Link
to Application.

The info you gave me did help me solve the problem, though. I hadn't thought
about running it in a terminal (it's a gui application using QT). When I did
that, I saw that (running from the desktop), it was missing a crucial library
directory. I supplied it and everything ran perfectly. Not being able to see
the error without the console kept me from fixing it.

Thanks much.
---Michael