Kmail? (Was: Akonadi)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:02:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 19:29 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > That said, Thubderbird is not likely to ever use it. So, until there is an
> > email app that knows how to handle HTML email as well as T-Bird, I will not
> > be able to take advantage of this. I really wish KMail would grow up.
> >

> Grow up? I'd love to hear how. I will file the relevant bugs and help
> you to get kmail to fit your needs.

I have some news-related email that I allow that uses html images within
the text. I find it annoying as heck, as the article will display some
text, dnload the image, jerk me to the top of the body of the message,
then dnload the next image, jerk me to the top again, dnload the next
image, JERK ME BACK again to the top ...annoying behavior. Extremely
annoying. I fail to see the utility nor the necessity of it. I have yet
to see an image that conveys more meaning than the text that makes up
for being tossed around like a rag-doll while trying to READ the
message. If I were a knuckle dragging drool-er, pictures are nIcE. Ham
bushes and blanket trees would be too. And sing-alongs. <cackles> Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987