[OT] Home Email Servers

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Mar 12 16:37:14 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 15:18:31 Derek Broughton wrote:
> Mark Greenwood wrote:
> >>
> >> Cool.  I'm always interested in low-power devices, since I live
> >> off-grid.
> >
> > I should mention that's 8W with the wireless disabled. It pulls a little
> > more when wireless is on.
>
> Sure - but that's really quite good.

I'm just wondering while we're on the subject of low power hardware, has
anybody here had an opportunity to play with one of these?

http://emea.kontron.com/products/boards+and+mezzanines/embedded+motherboards/miniitx+motherboards/ktus15mitx++11+basic.html

What I really like about this one is that it does away with the ATX power
supply. I reckon in my unit at home, the power supply is wasting nearly as
much power as the motherboard is using.

Dave