Kmail? (Was: Akonadi)

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Mar 12 15:12:49 UTC 2009

Paul Lemmons wrote:

> I have used Evolution and it suffers its own problems. I used it for
> over a year with its connector to Exchange and it was just never stable.
> I still go back a look every obnce in a while and it has not improved
> much. I have setup an alias "kill-evo" that I used almost daily to start
> it up clean and hope it stayed up.

I completely agree.  To paraphrase the old joke: "A man goes to see his
doctor, who tells him he's very sick.  He says he'd like to get a second
opinion - so the doctor says, 'OK, and you're ugly too'".  Evolution is the
only tool I can use to access the one client's Exchange server, but it's a
poor tool.  And It's bad enough that evo doesn't work terribly well, it's
worse that it's ugly.
--
derek