Amarok 2.0.2

Pascal Francq pfrancq at ulb.ac.be
Thu Mar 12 09:54:59 UTC 2009

Hi,
Are there packages to install Amarok 2.0.2 ?
When I try to compile it from the source code, I have the following message:

Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a(net_serv.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared
object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

I know that there are differences between the "default" MySQL packages provided by KUbuntu and those needed by Amarok. Since I am
also using the mysql-devel packages for my own projects, I am some reserves to install the -devel packages related to Amarok (and uninstall
the others).
--

Prof. Pascal Francq
Université Libre de Bruxelles