e-Sword

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 07:45:25 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:

> My suspicion is that I am missing a cab or dll that is necessary, but
> don't know how to identify or get what I need to make things work.  And
> for those who will recommend the Linux version, it does not contain my
> favorite version of the Bible, the Good News Bible, which is translated
> into conversational today language better than all the other newer
> translations.  Because I have had it working in four other Kubuntu
> versions, I would much prefer fixing the problem rather than changing to
> another application.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you provide.
>
> Steven

Steven,

try it like this:
open konsole
navigate to your wine e-Sword directory:

cd .wine/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword

then start e_Sword from there:

wine e_Sword.exe

My hope is that we will get some error messages on konsole that could
possibly help us to see what the problem is.

Kind regards
Eberhard