Not Kubuntu Specific: NachOS on Ubuntu?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Mar 12 04:48:24 UTC 2009

Glen Barber wrote:
>> I was able to make some progress, but I got stuck on the assembly.
>
> Interesting.  Do you remember where specifically it crashed?  I don't
> remember seeing that linux.patch (I'll check it out when I get home).

Basically it can't find a (well, at least one) function that is supposed
(as best as I can tell with my quite limited assembly knowledge) to be
defined in threads/switch.s.

Thus, you get errors like:

nachos-3.4/code/threads/../threads/thread.cc:273: undefined reference to
`ThreadRoot'

> Thanks for your feedback, Matt.

You're welcome.  It seems like a very interesting program.  Can I ask
what made you try to run it?

Matt Flaschen