e-Sword

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 12 00:36:20 UTC 2009

Dear friends of the List,

I installed e-Sword on my old computer in the Intrepid 32bit KDE 4.2
install that went so smoothly that all I did was install, enter my bbl
files and open and use the program.

In my 64bit new computer, I attempted the same installation, but did not
get the same result.  I installed in the same manner, entered my bbl
files, and opened the program.  The program opens with the panel of
bibles in the application, however none of the bibles show up on screen
when I chose one.

I highlight the Bible I want to read, highlight the chapter and then the
number for the verse, and nothing shows in the portion of the
application that usually shows the written Word.

My suspicion is that I am missing a cab or dll that is necessary, but
don't know how to identify or get what I need to make things work.  And
for those who will recommend the Linux version, it does not contain my
favorite version of the Bible, the Good News Bible, which is translated
into conversational today language better than all the other newer
translations.  Because I have had it working in four other Kubuntu
versions, I would much prefer fixing the problem rather than changing to
another application.

Thanks in advance for any help you provide.

Steven