Kmail? (Was: Akonadi)

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Mar 11 20:14:40 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> That said, Thubderbird is not likely to ever use it. So, until there is
>> an email app that knows how to handle HTML email as well as T-Bird, I
>> will not be able to take advantage of this. I really wish KMail would
>> grow up.
>>

> Grow up? I'd love to hear how. I will file the relevant bugs and help
> you to get kmail to fit your needs.

I'm sure he means in the sense of being able to send HTML mail.  I only send
one HTML email a year (it's a party invite) but I have to jump through
hoops to do it because I use KMail, and I can't even forward an HTML mail
_through_ it without something being lost - and there have been plenty of
bugs filed about this over the years.  Nobody's interested in implementing
it.  Unless somebody comes up with a pluggable html editor that KMail can
use, I very much doubt it will ever happen.
--
derek