Kmail? (Was: Akonadi)

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Wed Mar 11 21:02:04 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:Kmail? (Was: Akonadi)
From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh at bmarsh.com>
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: 03/11/2009 12:16 PM
> On Tuesday 10 March 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Grow up? I'd love to hear how. I will file the relevant bugs and help
>> you to get kmail to fit your needs.
>>

> About the only addition to Kmail I would like to see is  embedded images so
> you can add captions to each photo.
Thunderbird will do this.

I agree with you though. I wish KMail would catch up with the real
world. KMail and the whole KDE-Pim suite has such huge potential. It has
all of the right parts to compete with other corporate office
productivity suites but for some reason there does not seem to be much
interest in making it any more than a home user or hobbyist's
distraction. It is like a Hollywood Old West Salon. From the front it
looks real. Take a look behind the swinging doors, though and all you
see a dirt lot. The real thing is somewhere else...

I just noticed that Dotan says that the developers are working on it and
it should be ready in a year... I have waited for 3 or 4 years now and
have become both impatient and disgruntled. If he is right, one more
year will seem like it is just around the corner... on the left through
the swinging doors... I sure hope there is a place to sit and cold root
beer on tap  :)

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.