[OT] Home Email Servers

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 05:55:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net>wrote:

> BTW What hardware are you running your server on? I'm interested in making
> these take as little power as possible whilst running a standard 3.5 inch
> hard drive. Trouble is the less power you want to take the more expensive
> the
> hardware gets, it seems to me.

I don't use mine as a mail server (yet) but I recently got a Linksys NSLU/2
for ~$50 off of ebay. Check out http://www.nslu2-linux.org/ for more ideas
on how to use these lovely little boxes. I use mine as a samba server, an
rsnapshot based backup system and a local dns server.

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)
Bob Hope  - "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."