[OT] Cloning application for Microsoft Windows

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:02:02 UTC 2009

Then like I originally said g4l or g4u should do the trick.  You will
need to look at their instructions and decide which one you want to
use.  Main difference for my money is g4l is Linux based and younger.
g4u is BSD based and more mature.  Both of these require you use a
boot CD and then clone.  But I'm not going to go into detailed
instructions because I know their documentation covers usage pretty
well.

The main trick is if the 40g is local or over a network.  Then you may
have to do some "outside the box" setup.  For instance when I was
cloning Windoze machines via a network I had setup a Linux box, that
initially, did not have an ftp server with all the needed commands for
g4u to work.  So in the end I had to go find the right ftp server on
the net, pull it down, configure it and install it.  Sounds like a lot
of work but it was really probably just 10 or so commands.