Akonadi?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 9 19:16:35 UTC 2009

Nigel Ridley wrote:

> I think it's a bit like Mark Greenwood said - that they're still
> experimental. Which does lead to the question as to why they are enabled
> by default.

Akonadi is definitely _not_ experimental.  kdepim development using akonadi
was going on when I still hung out on the kdepim-devel list, which is years
ago.  The aim in all those years was to have akonadi as the only storage
backend for kdepim in KDE4.  So you don't get a choice any more.  Akonadi
is the storage backend if you want to use kontact.

--
derek