Akonadi?

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Mon Mar 9 19:29:56 UTC 2009

Acondi is a server supporting an API by the same name. Programs such as
email and other PIM applications can take advantage of it or not. The
koffice programs appear to be the first to do so. This means if you use
any of the koffice programs (such as kontact/kmail) you will be using
acondi. It is really the developers of our applications that make the
decisions on whether or not we will be using it.

While it's current value is limited it has the potential to become
something as indispensable as kio. It has the ability to make
transparent integration with a number of different email platforms such
as exchange, notes, or groupwise. This is actually good stuff that we
are seeing in its initial stages. We just need to be patient and watch
it develop.

That said, Thubderbird is not likely to ever use it. So, until there is
an email app that knows how to handle HTML email as well as T-Bird, I
will not be able to take advantage of this. I really wish KMail would
grow up.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.