Remastersys Backup

John Anderson sysop183 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 08:14:39 UTC 2009

> > > What in tunket in 'remastersys'?  Never heard of it.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys
> >
> > [cut]
> >
> > Best Regards
> > John
>
> Looks intreging, but, . . . I'll wait 'till you find out what hosed your
> system.  I don't want to be the next guy asking :-D.

Well as it created the dvd iso ok! I just burnt it and was back up in minuets,
however if it had not created the iso I would have had it.

Now if I knew which files to save before the run I could restore them after the
run IYSWIM, trouble is I am not that proficient to understand which files define
the users of a system.

I can't understand why the program does not do this as a mater of course, I
should join a remastersys user group and ask in there, I was hoping that a
Kubuntu guru would have the answer.

Best Regards
John