My screen is offset

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 8 19:31:33 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I just installed Jaunty Alpha 5 on my acer aspire one netbook. All is good except that I can't use it.. the reason being that the display is offset by about 50 pixels downwards - i.e. I have a black bar at the top and the bottom 50 pixels are missing.

Whatever is doing the video configuration has got the ModeLine wrong. But, because this new version of X seems to ignore xorg.conf I can't insert my known working ModeLine (I have tried, it is ignored). There are no proprietary drivers for this video card (it's Intel).

Anyone got any clever ideas?

Mark