(should read)- installation of apps like Klamav

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Mar 7 23:18:23 UTC 2009

Please don't do this.  We'll answer your question, or not.  Asking again
with subjects like "(should read)..." is _not_ likely to get more help.

Ray Burke wrote:

> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to install a
> app like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in
> it, I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is
> dpkg-install klamav or something similar

dpkg won't help you - it needs to already be on your system before you can
use dpkg.

I very much doubt the problem is adept-manager.  Searching in adept
for "virus" is probably better, since "apt-cache search antivirus" seems to
find most related products.
--
derek