KDE Color themes and GTK applications

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 05:33:35 UTC 2009

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm not satisfied how GTK application looks in KDE when i change KDE
> color theme. For example: Firefox has problems with color of fonts and
> backgrounds specially in input and drop down boxes where the text
> sometimes is unreadable because the colors. Is it just me or do you
> all have that to?
>
> / Jonas

I've had trouble with some foreground/background color issues with some
themes in FF 3, but I don't know if it's related to GTK or not.  In
Firefox, I'm using a theme called "Gradient iCool".  I'm running compiz
and emerald, and am using an emerald theme called "BlackMist".
Regardless of which of the themes I use in Emerald, I still have the
same issue - which is that the text at the bottom bar of the window is
white on light gray.  This also is the case for some dialog boxes.  I'm
on Hardy Heron.

I wish they'd add a "kfirefox" to the repos.  I know you can determine
which GUI toolkit you are going to use at compile time, so I'm certain
they could put one together that uses QT.  I remember doing that when I
compiled from source a few times when I was running Debian stable.

Paul