(should read)- installation of apps like Klamav

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 7 22:06:23 UTC 2009

Ray Burke wrote:

> From: rayburke30 at hotmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com;
> kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: (should read)-installation of apps like Klamav
> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 07:49:28 +1100
>
> anyone help
>
> I know there is a procedure you run thru the terminal window to
> install a app
> like Klamav, as my adept_manager not working properly as not seen in it,
> I am running Kubuntu 8.0.4 with kde 3.5?????, I think it is
> dpkg-install klamav
> or something similar
>
> ray

> Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
> friends <http://download.live.com/>
> Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
> friends <http://download.live.com/>
Ray, I am a newbie too, but I believe you want to type in sudo apt-get
install Klamav if you want to install.  If you want to fix a broken
installation, I think you use the dpkg code, but that is not all you
type in, and I cannot remember the right code right now.  I am solving a
complicated problem and my mind is distracted, I just saw your entry and
thought I might be able to help you.

Steven