KDE Color themes and GTK applications

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:00:58 UTC 2009

2009/3/7 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
>> I'm not satisfied how GTK application looks in KDE when i change KDE
>> color theme. For example: Firefox has problems with color of fonts and
>> backgrounds specially in input and drop down boxes where the text
>> sometimes is unreadable because the colors. Is it just me or do you
>> all have that to?
>>
>> / Jonas
>>

> In System Settings / Kcontrol there should be a place to configure GTK
> apps to use Qt settings. You could also install the gtk-qt-engine and
> don't forget a good Firefox theme, as the default theme in Qt4 looks
> terrible.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

Thanks but I already know about that and have tried "Use KDE style"
and several of the QT styles but it looks like when i use a dark KDE
style the input boxes in firefox is always the dark KDE background no
matter what QT style i use. I will try some more could be that i
forgot to restart the GTK apps.

Another thing but I'm not sure if its related is that the radio and
check boxes is partly overlapped by text and other elements in the web
pages and that.

/ Jonas