Firefox not running - conflict

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at
Fri Mar 6 10:12:46 GMT 2009

Dear all,

I had on my computer Firefox 3.0.6 downloaded from Mozila and installed
manually. As the update of this version was rather difficult for me (always
through terminal), I decided  to get a normal kubuntu installation with Adept.

I did remove the version with
	sudo rm /usr/bin/firefox
	sudo dpkg-divert --rename --remove /usr/bin/firefox
	sudo rm -r /opt/firefox

Then installed it with Adept.

Now after running the new version (which is 3.0.7) I have Firefox window half
open, then nothing.  If I run firefox from terminal I got the following

*** glibc detected *** /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7/firefox: double free or corruption
(fasttop): 0x0a74f748 ***

followed by a long list with backtrace.

Any ideas how to make it work?  Thanks.