Wine doesn't work in my Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2 OS.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 6 15:20:14 UTC 2009

I want to download and install e-Sword.  I had no problems on Gutsy or
Hardy, however, it won't even start to download on Intrepid.  On the
e-Sword site they warn that firewalls and certain browsers do not work
with their system.  But since I have installed on Gutsy and Hardy, I
expected Intrepid to work too.  My system is 64bit, but it is also AMD
and will work 32bit applications.

I don't know if my problem is with Wine or Intrepid or KDE 4.2.  Anyone
have experience with this problem?  I much prefer the e-Sword
application over the one in our repositories.  I prefer the Good News
Bible, and it is not available on the Kubuntu version of e-Sword.  I am
trying to avoid recommendations to download the Linux version.  It
doesn't do what I need.  Thanks!

Steven