KDE4.2-Update breaks kdeplasma-addons

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:24:14 GMT 2009

2009/3/5 Rolf Kutz <rk at vzsze.de>:
> Hi,
>
> after installing the KDE 4.2 (intreprid) update
> from today the package kdeplasma-addons is broken.
> Aptitude wanted to uninstall it and after doing
> that many plasmoids stop working. When trying to
> install the 4.2 version of the package, aptitude
> wants to remove some packages and downgrade
> others:

I got it to, what you should have done was to let Aptitude keep the
old versions of kdeplasma-addons (You could probebly install them
again). My guess is that the servers has not update all packages yet
(same happened when KDE 4.2 was added to backports). Wait a day or so
and I'm sure the rest of the KDE 4.2.1 packages will be updated on the
servers.

/ Jonas