Inserting Images in KMail

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 03:27:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 20:46 +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> Some people like pink unicorns. I don't, but I will defend to the
> death my sister's right to insert them into emails without even the
> slightest provocation. ;) I'm not going to be some kind of pink
> unicorn nazi and make my sister wear a big sparkly badge to mark her
> out as an HTML USER! :)
>

> But, my reference to HTML was referring to the WEB not to email. The
> web wouldn't exist without HTML. And lo! They saw the markup, and the
> markup was good and worthy and didst showeth them wherein was the
> title and the images. Isn't it time you allowed HTML into *your*
> life?

Whoa! NOW I've SEEN the light, Brother! I've been wondering what to do
with this hemp t-shirt, now I'll wear it (since there are no hairy
camels around to make yarn from) and put some sprinkles to it instead of
ashes. True penitence.

For what it's worth, I tried mightily to make Evolution accept a cut and
pasting of a copied image directly to an html email page and it didn't
work for me. If you inserted the image as a background image then the
entire page would have that image with text on top of it, and would be
one way to go. That worked. Just tell your Sis that "...this is Linux so
be creative." :)

OTOH, on a java related list, a Windows user was having problems with a
process run from:
C:\Programs and Documents\user\JOE BLOW\ etc
"IT DON'T WORK!" Well, Hell no it doesn't ...not with all those spaces
in the directory names. Windows users anyway. I think it's all a Gates
conspiracy to make Linux users crazy and Windows users fear and loathe
us. It seems to be working, too. <cackles> Good Luck with your
Sis ....you'll need it. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987