I can't see anything

Glenn R Williams gloonie at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 5 19:40:53 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 14:27:06 Alfredo Martínez Pacheco wrote:
> Hello to all:
>
> I am a newbie user of Kubuntu. I was reading a pocket guide, quite useful,
> and exploring basic features of the system. I activated Desktop effects and
> all the screen went into black. I can't see anything so I can't undo this
> mess. I know, it's my fault. I cannot start a failsafe session. Any idea
> about how to restart in a safe mode and put all as before?
>
> Lots of thanks. If you want, you can write me at this address: darkthal
> (at) hotmail (dot) com
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Alf
>
> --
> Por un uso responsable del e-mail. No a los reenvios indiscriminados.
> Verificación de las fuentes. Ponle fin a los Hoaxes

Alf,

You could try pressing CTRL-ALT-Backspace. That will kill your KDE  session
and bring you back to the login. From there you can shutdown and restart. When
you see a message saying "system will start in x seconds", press ESC key. This
wil bring you the Grub menu, and from there you can select Failsafe mode.

HTH,

Glenn