Palm device sync problems

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Mar 5 17:47:54 UTC 2009

Fabian Rodriguez wrote:

> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> I had already tried that - it gave an error message - something about
>> 'usb' being theo 'old' way to connect and that now it needs to be through
>> /dev/pilot. I think it has to do with the new way that the kernel sees
>> devices.

That doesn't sound right at all.

> Well, I use that and it works for me in Intrepid. Perhaps revert any
> other changes you made and try again ?

Yes, worked for me too.

In any case, you don't need to create /dev/pilot.  It is created by udev
when the kernel module "visor" is loaded.  visor should be loaded
automatically when you start the sync, but just in case, try:

# sudo modprobe visor

and see what /dev/pilot is set to.
--
derek