KDE4.2-Update breaks kdeplasma-addons

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:44:59 UTC 2009

Rolf Kutz said the following at 03/05/2009 08:52 AM :

> Shouldn't this be atomic? How often does it update
> it's packages files?

Yes, it should be atomic. But apparently it's not :-(

I don't know why not, nor even whom to ask for an explanation as to why it
takes an astonishingly long time for some of the servers to synchronize
themselves. Even if the administrators can't do anything about it, it would
be nice to understand the cause.

(And while we're sort-of on the subject, apt should be transactional when
performing multiple simultaneous updates. But it's not.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR