Clicking on plasmoid Desktop Folders opens Kaffeine

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 5 09:37:55 UTC 2009

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> Dear Johnney O,
>>
>> Do you know where the Desktop images are located?  I had the most
>> beautiful desktop.  Now, after removing .kde, I have a blue screen, and
>> I can't find my way back to the choices for background.  I hope this
>> isn't a bother.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Your personal KDE wallpapers are located at ~/.kde/share/wallpapers
> and the system wide at /usr/share/wallpapers
>
> / Jonas

Dear Jonas,

The one at /usr/share/wallpapers  is the regular KDE 4.2 wallpaper.  ~/
.kde/share/wallpapers does not exist in my OS.  The one I used for my
desktop was a part of the Intrepid Desktop effects, I believe.  There
must have been 20 to choose from.  The one I like is incredible.  I must
find it again.  I don't show an email address for you, and I am sure the
file is too large for the List, so I can't show it to you.  If you can
get an email address to me somehow, I will send you a picture of my
desktop just prior to removal of .kde/.  I liked it so much, I sent
screen images to my friends.  It is incredible artwork, obviously done
on a computer.

By the way, I am using Thunderbird for my email because Kmail is broken,
and I don't have a solution for that problem.  In Kmail, a box precedes
my response to an email that contains the return address to the list and
the return address to the sender.  When I need to respond off-list due
to a screen print, which is too large, or a response to issues off
topic, I simply right-click on the user's email address and select send
to that address.  It is a great feature, if it is not on Thunderbird.
This was the first time I needed it and it wasn't there.  I suppose you
may not want private emails too.  Either way, it should be a wish list
item for Thunderbird.

Steven