Clicking on plasmoid Desktop Folders opens Kaffeine

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Thu Mar 5 09:28:29 UTC 2009

Greetings Steven.

torsdag den 5. Marts 2009 kvad Steven Vollom:
> > You could also open System Settings, choose the Advanced tab, and
> > then File Associations.
> > Unfold the inode node, and select the directory sub node.
> > On the right you can then see what programs are set up to handle
> > directories.
> > The program at the top of the list is the one that is used when
> > you click directory icons (folders) to open them. The other
> > programs are the ones that are present in the directories' right
> > click pop up menu, under the "Open with" sub menu.
>
> I am laughing so hard I have tears.  I am not sure if you are just
> so smart that I cannot relate, or playing with me, [...]

I'm not playing with you Steven. I'm trying to help you :o)

> I can't do that right now.  I am missing the kmenu button from the
> panel in Intrepid KDE 4.2, but as soon as I can figure out how to
> get to System Settings, I will resume this project.  It sounds a
> little like Hardy by the System Settings>Advance tab instructin.  I
> hope it is that way in Intrepid.

I don't know Intrepid (8.10). My KDE 4.2 knowledge comes from  alpha 5
of the upcomming Jaunty (9.04).
I assume KDE 4.2 is the same on both 8.10 and 9.02.

My production system is Gutsy (7.10).
The system settings in 7.10 and 9.04  are _very_ much alike, so I
assume that is also the case with 8.10 and 9.04.

Best regards

Johnny :o)