Unable to run the command specified. Using Wine.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 5 01:46:17 UTC 2009

>> Hi Steven,
>> I did not find anything for zip. But 7-zip does it.
>> Try "7z" as a command. Then you should see many parameters, among them
>> "-p password", which is what you are looking for.

Is 7zip a command line tool only?  When I opened Alt+f2, and clicked on
run 7z, nothing came on the screen.

In the shell, I see the '-p{Password}:' parameter.  Is that when I want
to protect a password inside a zip, or is that a password to protect 7zip?

Do I then create a file that has my password in it, then what do I type
into the command line?

I looked at the man pages for 7z and could see that it is above me yet.
My mind started to drift half way though.  I am sure after I have
executed a few commands with parameters that I understand, I will get to
know how to choose the correct ones.  Right now, my mind goes into
overload, before I have read the whole manual.

Steven