Q: how to change the size of digital clock in panel?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:46:48 UTC 2009

James Tappin said the following at 03/04/2009 07:54 AM :
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:10:58 -0700
> "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> DRE> the digital clock is "actually manageable as a freely resizable
> DRE> object"... but a request for an explanation of how to resize it has
> DRE> gone unanswered for quite some time now.
>
> In KDE4, most widgets can be run either in the panel or on the desktop.
> As far as I can tell, they can be resized on the desktop but not in the
> panel (where the well-written ones size themselves to the panel and the
> rest just get truncated - e.g. the standard weather widget). [I must
> admit I've not tried resizing the whole panel].

So I'm trying to understand what you're saying. Are you saying that Aaron
is wrong? (Doesn't seem likely, since he's pretty much the lead developer
on plasma; so it seems more likely that I just don't understand what you're
telling me.)

Basically, I just want nice, simple instructions as to how to change the
size of the clocks in the panel.

They, quite literally, occupy more than 10 times the screen area that is
occupied by the clock on my Windows system (on the same monitor).

The words "subtlety" and "discreet" seem to be alien to KDE4 :-( Everything
is so darned big; I'm trying, one item at a time, to tame them. Not with
tremendous success :-(

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR