Unable to run the command specified. Using Wine.

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:03:14 UTC 2009

2009/3/4 Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de>:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> Dear Paul,  I need to zip and encrypt a file send in an email.  Does the
>> default zip application do that?  Thanks!
>>
> Hi Steven,
> I did not find anything for zip. But 7-zip does it.
> Try "7z" as a command. Then you should see many parameters, among them
> "-p password", which is what you are looking for.
>
> If 7z does not produce anything, you probably need to install 7zip
> before proceeding.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

The default GUI program in Kubunto for compress/decompress different
archive formats is Ark. To creat zip files from the comandline use the
zip command and to uncompress the unzip command. 7z do support many
common archives including ZIP, CAB, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM
and DEB archives.

/ Jonas