Inserting Images in KMail

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Mar 4 16:44:31 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 2:56:26 am Jonas Norlander wrote:
> > In what way is HTML mail "evil"? That's the attitude the KMail developers
> > take. HTML mail is very useful.
>
> Today the mail clients are much safer then they were before when
> Microsoft started to use HTML in mails. I don't mind HTML mail as much
> this day, the security risk is not that big as it was before like with
> Outlook Express that downloaded external attachment from the net
> without notified the user (and run them as administrator). That's why
> it is/was EVIL.
> But overall i still think that HTML mail should be kept of mailing
> lists and only used private. I also think if you realy need to format
> a mail you are using the wrong tool. Use a real wordprocessor and
> attach the document to the mail.

Because of the bulk HTML adds to the message it is unwise to allow that type
of message in a maillist.  It is unwise anyway as it pollutes the bandwidth
with its excess size causing rates to increase.  Too, it is unwise because of
the security risks still today.  Of coruse it is also unwise to send an HTML
message to me as it is filtered directly to the trash with no human eyes
seeing it. HTML's place on the net is webpages but even those at times get to
cluttered with junk to be useful, so good browsers like Firefox can be setup
to kill off a bunch of the more offensive garbage.  To make Kmail into yet
another browser would destroy the value Kmail has and that is as an EXCELLENT
email program.  I also do not use Kontact as it is too bloated, just Kmail by
itself, although it too is getting bulky.  I like trim and fast tools.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org