Inserting Images in KMail

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:56:26 UTC 2009

2009/3/3 Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com>:
> On Tuesday 03 March 2009 08:28:57 Alvin wrote:
>> On Monday 02 March 2009 23:40:42 Mark Greenwood wrote:
>> > OK, I think I know the answer to this already, and I think it's that
>> > KMail
>> > doesn't do HTML very well.. but just in case here goes.
>> >
>> > I want to insert an image into a mail so it appears inline, not as an
>> > attachment (like I can do in Evolution, Thunderbird, blimey even Outlook
>> > Express does that....) but KMail seems to only want to insert images as
>> > attachments, even though it's happy to display inline images in received
>> > messages. Is there something I'm missing, can I actually do this? I fear
>> > not, because the KMail developers seem to suffer from HTML-o-phobia if
>> > the
>> > mail archives are anything to go on :)
>>
>> You don't need HTML for that. (HTML mail is evil)
>
> In what way is HTML mail "evil"? That's the attitude the KMail developers
> take. HTML mail is very useful.

Today the mail clients are much safer then they were before when
Microsoft started to use HTML in mails. I don't mind HTML mail as much
this day, the security risk is not that big as it was before like with
Outlook Express that downloaded external attachment from the net
without notified the user (and run them as administrator). That's why
it is/was EVIL.
But overall i still think that HTML mail should be kept of mailing
lists and only used private. I also think if you realy need to format
a mail you are using the wrong tool. Use a real wordprocessor and
attach the document to the mail.

/ Jonas