Why won't my Original Movie DVD's not play on my computer? Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:21:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Norberto Bensa wrote:
>> Can you ping www.medibuntu.org ? If not. How is your DNS configured?
>>
> I don't know how to do either of those things.

"ping" is your first "can-I-reach-that-server" weapon :)

You need to open a terminal (konsole for example) and write:

ping www.medibuntu.org

Let it run and then -after a few seconds (3-5 is OK)- press CTRL+C to
terminate the command.

The command will show you too things:

1) you can resolve www.medibuntu.org to an IP address (here it
resolves to 87.98.242.110)

2) you'll get answers telling you if the connection is more or less
reliable. Accept this definition for now :)

So. Can you ping www.medibuntu.org?

Regards,
Norberto