KDE desktop no longer available?

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 3 12:32:50 UTC 2009

Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello Ignazio
>

>>> 4. Uninstalling and reinstalling a certain package.
>> I would check the configuration files of the package as well.
>
> This sounds useful. Can you explain a bit more how?

:) I'm not too good at tinkering with configurations, however I've read
(on this list, in the past) that it's often the case that your
configuration files (the ones in /home/user for example) can sometimes
stick around between reinstall or between versions (KDE being a good
example - I never experienced it first hand but for many people removing
the .kde folder in their home fixed some KDE quirks without
reinstalling). In order to see which configuration files a package has,
  I'd check the list of installed files for the package and look for
stuff in /home and with a name ending in .conf.
HTH,
I.