KDE desktop no longer available?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:37:41 UTC 2009

Hello Tom

In a bit more than 1 year of Kubuntu Linux practice experience, I have
built up the following 'routine' when dealing with strange, not
obvious problems:

1. Closing down and restarting the package that causes a problem.
2. Shutting down and restarting the PC.
3. Carefully examining the package until I find some solution.
4. Uninstalling and reinstalling a certain package.
5. Asking for advice in a forum like this one and try out the replies coming in.
6. Accepting a certain problem until I find a solution in a later
stage - somehow....
7. Carrying out a fresh 'install from scratch' of a recently issued
version of Kubuntu.
8. Continuing to look for other approaches in order to solve still
persisting problems.

With the first 4 steps, I usually 'solve' about 90% of the problems.
Another 5% of the problems gets solved thanks to advices via this and
other forums - step 5.  The last 5% is being covered by the steps 6, 7

I hope this approach is useful for you.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

--