KDE desktop no longer available?

tom bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 2 23:47:36 UTC 2009

Now every time I login to Kubuntu I get the Gnome desktop instead of the
Kubuntu I want.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
At the login I select KDE for a session every time I login.

uname -a
	Linux kubuntu 2.6.27-11-generic #1 SMP Thu Jan 29 19:28:32 UTC 			2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux
kdesudo -v
	Qt: 4.4.3
	KDE: 4.2.00 (KDE 4.2.0)
	KdeSudo: 3.1

Until now I have had a few glitches but they are usually worked out and
not as radical as this.

startkde
	KDE seems to be already running on this display.

It is very frustrating to being working in one environment when I should
be in a totally different one.  Backgrounds are not the same and not
applicable between the different desktops.
Does anyone have an idea why my system looks and acts like Gnome while
it claims to be KDE???
Why I can set KDE to be the default, but it will login to Gnome every
time???
I am perplexed.
Thank you!

Tom Bell
--
“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” - Juvenal, Roman poet, circa late 1st
and late 2nd centuries.