Kubuntu 8.04.2, black screen when log out

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 2 20:20:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am experiencing a black screen when log out on a freshly Kubuntu
8.04.2 installed after updated everything.
A lot's of people experience the same kind of behavior , it seems to
come from ATI driver, but the fix (I did not try yet) , is from 2008. I
am surprise that this bug has not been fixed yet!, So before putting my
hand in the grease and tweaking some obscure config files , I am
wondering if there's any easy fix or update I can do.

Thanks

Chris

In a world without walls and fences,
who needs Windows and Gates?