AMD Computers Boot with Interprid and Hardy

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 2 13:03:28 UTC 2009

Hein van Rensburg wrote:

> When running boot cd, after choosing language, press F6 and add "pci=nomsi" to
> boot line after "quiet splash". Then boot. ( press enter)
>
> It worked on all 3 of my AMD systems and I could install hardy and interprid.
>
> Hopes it helps a few people.

Dear Hein,

I am getting very fond of Intrepid.  I have only been back on Hardy a
couple of times since the Intrepid install.  I am used to having to
solve problems.  I may just continue in Intrepid and see if I can be of
use to the developers.

After I get some sleep, I plan on installing the new video card.  I have
to disable on board video to do so, but I want to try.  I just posted
sound problems.  I am interested in what the Intrepid and KDE 4.2
problems are in 64bit.  I just love my new computer.  I can't thank you
enough for the help.  Multimedia is perhaps my main interest, and that
is where the new problems seem to centralize.  Haven't been to bed yet
and it is 8 in the morning.

Steven