Backports 4.2 vs. PPA 4.2

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 19:55:41 UTC 2009

Now that 4.2 is in both the backports and the ppa, which is better to use?

If backports are preferred and one has been using the ppa, is there anything
that needs to be done, other than removing the ppa from sources.list?

I notice that kadressbook in the ppa is version 4.1 which was very buggy even
though kontact is 4.2.  is kaddressbook 4.2 available for kubuntu, or is this
only being implemented in mandravia and others?  If so, how do I force the
install?

Thanks.