ssh login banner

Thomas K Gamble tkg at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 30 12:34:55 UTC 2009

Since upgrading to jaunty, my ssh client no longer interprets the ansi escape
sequences of the banner on the server side.  I have two servers that I
regularly login to with the same banner (company requirement).  Here is the
heading of the banner:

 \033[1;33m
                         \033[1;31m NOTICE TO USERS\033[0m

Hardy displayed these colors properly when logging in.  Konsole still displays
them if I cat the file.  Ssh from server to server displays it properly.  Once
logged in, the custom bash prompt displays correctly. It seems to be a client
side problem with Jaunty's ssh and the login sequence.  Any clues?

--
Thomas K. Gamble
System/Network Administrator, Cyber Systems Security Officer

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
    Henry Kissinger